How to set up a CVSup server?
It turns that I need to set up my own cvsup server so I can deploy my fork elsewhere. Here comes how.
- Create a dedicated user (‘jail user’).
- Switch to the dedicated user, go into its home directory
- Create a “base” directory. For example, mkdir base
- Create a “sup” directory under “base” directory. The directory must be called “sup”
- Create collection for it. Chdir into “sup”, then, mkdir [collection name]
- In the “collection name” folder, create two files:
One is “releases”, for example, “cvs list=list.cvs prefix=prefix”. prefix is where the CVS repository located.
The other is “list.cvs” , each line contains a directory, for example, “upgrade src/bin”.
That’s all! Start cvsup under that user and enjoy! (cvsup -b [base directory])